Monday, October 27, 2008

Paris, colette and four new books



To Paris this week to launch my new series of four artist books at colette (if you're around the address is at: 213 rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris) with a book signing on November 14th.
These new editions (published under my own imprint FAQEDITIONS) continues the main thrust of my practice which has been through published work. Each full colour, hard-back book, produced as a limited edition of 300, is conceptually based. China Story investigates the contemporary anthropology of China, I Look At You, You Look At Me is a series of portraits where the subject was also asked to photograph the photographer, Sometimes a Cigar is Just a Cigar looks at how images are read and what the reader brings to them and Text Book is a series of photographs each with text in the frame and sequenced alphabetically to give random connections and narratives. Shown here are the book covers and the first image from I Look, no doubt I will be hearing from Martin's lawyer, again!
.

No comments: