Friday, June 20, 2014

John Claridge and Chet Baker


John Claridge - Chet Baker
When I worked in London more years ago than I care to remember, John Claridge was one of the hot fashion shooters. I liked his work then and like it today.

The Galerie Adrian Bondy in Paris is currently exhibiting two personal series by John Claridge. One Hundred Photographs, a selection of images taken from his One Hundred Photographs series (1988) which were shot during Claridge’s world travels. Among other things this work features jazz musicians, native Americans, slate mines, prisons and still lifes. East London, spans a period from 1959 to 1986, many images made when Claridge was 15 and living in a poor East London neighborhood.

Galerie Adrian Bondy, 221 rue St. Jacques, 75005, Paris. Show ends 5 July 2014

You can see more of John Claridge's work on his website HERE.

1 comment:

Craig Atkinson said...

I'd love to have seen the show. John's a great bloke; He's been kind enough to let me publish selections from many different series. Have you seen the limited books he's making - look great. Tommy Cooper was the last one I think http://nickyakehurst.com/estore/index.html
Here's my most recent with John, from Israel days after the war http://www.caferoyalbooks.com/index.php/shop/israel-1967/